The physics community was elated by the recent announcement that Gravity Waves have been detected – at last, after decades of searching, and fully 100 years after Einstein’s prediction in his famous Theory of General Relativity.
Faculty panelists will explain what exactly was “seen”; why it was so challenging both for experiment and theory; and why it matters to us all. Questions from the audience will be welcomed throughout the discussion.
- Paul Davies, Regents Professor, The Beyond Center
- Rogier Windhorst, Regents Professor, School of Earth and Space Exploration
- Philip Mauskopf, Professor, School of Earth and Space Exploration
- Tanmay Vachaspati, Professor, Department of Physics
- Maulik Parikh, Department of Physics